What drives us to do great things?
Each one of us has their personal values, that dictate our feelings, our actions, what is important for us and what we stand for. But what happens to our values when we work with other people? Are they still important? Do they still count? Of course! Actually, they metamorphosis into something greater, that gives the world a brighter spin.
In order to create our core team values, to find the ones that will characterize each one of us and the team as a whole, we combined our personal values and today, this is what we stand for:
1. We learn together
We’re in this together and we’re motivated to grow each day.
- Find out what are the areas that you like the most and passionately develop them;
- Offer your help, knowledge, previous examples to anyone who needs it;
- Share ideas and new stuff that you’ve learned;
- Be open to people and ideas;
- If you’re not sure about something, ask for help;
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Offer feedback;
- Offer suggestions and come up with new ideas;
- Develop internal projects just to have fun, test and learn new things.
2. We help each other
Human connection beyond projects/work.
- Get involved in team activities that are not about work (get to know each other);
- Seek happiness and fulfillment in your every action;
- Share the same passion and devotement to the project as our partners;
- Listen actively and clarify each aspect;
- Trust each other;
- Keep in mind that each person is different. Be kind;
- Respect other people’s opinion;
- Cultivate a “blue state of mind“;
- If you are having a bad day just take a deep breath and say "Goosfraba". What, you didn't watch the movie Anger Management?
3. Power to the team
Each member has a key role in the final outcome. Together, we’re powerful.
- Respect each other’s work and encourage collaboration;
- Divide the tasks clearly so each one of you knows his key role;
- Be aware that others count on you to deliver what you promised;
- Feel free to bring ideas that encourage improvement;
- Speak your mind freely;
- Show autonomy;
- Never stick with the default, a problem can have multiple solutions;
- Actively monitor happiness - partners’ happiness, colleagues’ happiness and act accordingly;
- Remember that there are no hierarchies - you are accountable for your decisions;
- Have fun whatever you are doing.
4. Always seek quality
We’re devoted in delivering high quality results.
- Choose quality over quantity;
- Do the right thing and put all your effort in giving your best;
- Do code reviews together;
- Turn feedback into viable solutions in a timely fashion;
- Choose the right languages/frameworks/libraries depending on the project’s requirements;
- Develop the product with extra passion and verify each feature multiple times;
- Pay extra attention to feedback and implement it according to the users’ needs;
- Make sure that** the product it’s aligned with the idea and users are enjoying it**;
- Document your choices.
5. Tech is our playground
We’re excited to explore new tech trends.
- Be up to date with what is new in tech;
- Invest time in learning new technologies and tools;
- Be open to new solutions;
- Be flexible to changes;
- Constantly research new technologies and adopt them in projects;
- Learn about new frameworks, latest libraries, sleek algorithms, and geeky languages;